Monday 30 March 2015

7 Seriously Motivational Sayings

   I've been lacking inspiration lately and with exam season looming I know that like myself, all students need a little motivation to get revising. It can be difficult to know where to start planning your revision, especially when faced with some of your first exams at University or College. This is just a quick selection of some of the quotations that either inspire me to get organised or occasionally make me feel overly melodramatic,as though 'If I don't work now and do well, I'm going nowhere'. So either way these quotes make me think of the bigger picture, why I need to work and help me get my brain in gear. Coming from a wide range of different people and showing the Universal acknowledgment that hard work pays off, I hope these sayings serve you well.
1) 'The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are : Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common Sense.' - Thomas Alva Edison, American Businessman and Inventor, Creator of the electric light bulb, the motion picture camera and the phonograph. (11/2/1847-18/10/1931)
2) 'I take pride in working very hard. You need to understand that hard work doesn't instantly pay off. My career grew gradually and taught me a lesson every step of the way.' - Tremaine Aldon Neverson a.k.a Trey Songz, American singer-songwriter, producer and actor, Nominated for 3 Grammy Awards, Released 6 successful albums since 2005. (28/11/1984-Present)
3) 'It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.' - William Henry 'Bill' Gates, Entrepreneur and Computer Programmer. Co-founder of Microsoft, Wealthiest man in the world 1995-2014 (28/10/1955- Present)
4) 'I don't pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being.' - Theodore Roosevelt Jr, 26th President of the United States, Politician, Author and Historian. (27/10/1858-6/01/1919) 
5) I know the sun will rise in the morning, that there is a light at the end of every tunnel.' - Michael Morpurgo OBE, Poet, playwright and author. Children's Laureate: 2003-2005. (5/10/1943-Present)
6) 'Just believe in yourself. Even if you don't, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will.' - Venus Ebony Starr Williams, Professional Tennis Player, Former World No.1, 5 time Wimbledon Singles Champion, 5 times Wimbledon Doubles Champion and winner of 4 Olympic Gold Medals. (17/06/1980)
7) 'I think that anything that you do, any accomplishment that you make, you have to work for...It's not just a cliche.' - Cameron Michelle Diaz, Actress & Model, Four Golden Globe Nominations, Won New York Film Critics Circle award for Best Actress. (30/08/1972-Present) 
Good luck with whatever you need motivation for and I hope at least one of these quotes resonates with you and here's an additional quote, just because I feel like it!
'Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'! - Audrey Hepburn
J x

No comments:

Post a Comment